As the coronavirus pandemic swept across the globe, the collective workforce went home, forcing some industries to come to a standstill. Businesses crucial for enabling liquidity, however, continued largely uninterrupted. The finance industry quickly reoriented business practices and has embraced the opportunities to shape the future of our industry.
Amidst the dust that settles from COVID-19-instigated market volatility emerges a finance industry seeking to evolve into its new business scenescape. The public health response demanded of COVID-19 forced a wide spectrum of business practice changes so to enable a social distancing-confined world.
As the sudden, substantial, unanticipated market volatility of Q1 2020 collided with the global shift to trepidation in contact with others, our well-engrained reference points for work and leisure were forever transformed.
- Distance Working: The Opportunity to RebuildJune 19, 2020As the coronavirus pandemic swept across the globe, the collective workforce went home, forcing some industries to come to a standstill. Businesses crucial for enabling liquidity, however, continued largely uninterrupted. The finance industry quickly reoriented business practices and has embraced the opportunities to shape the future of our industry.
- Remote & Rearranged: Securities Finance and The FutureJune 3, 2020Amidst the dust that settles from COVID-19-instigated market volatility emerges a finance industry seeking to evolve into its new business scenescape. The public health response demanded of COVID-19 forced a wide spectrum of business practice changes so to enable a social distancing-confined world.
- The Economics of a Recovery: Futureproofing Securities Lending for Turbulent TimesJune 1, 2020As the sudden, substantial, unanticipated market volatility of Q1 2020 collided with the global shift to trepidation in contact with others, our well-engrained reference points for work and leisure were forever transformed.
- Securities Finance: The FutureMay 18, 2020Without a doubt, recent events have left the securities finance industry forever changed.
- Asia Pacific Securities Lending Market User Guide 2020April 27, 2020EquiLend, PASLA and RMA present the Asia Pacific Securities Lending Market User Guide 2020.
- EquiLend’s Response to COVID-19March 12, 2020EquiLend is taking active measures to ensure that business continues as usual during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- EquiLend Collateral Trading Service Goes LiveFebruary 24, 2020EquiLend, the global technology company for the securities finance, collateral and swaps industries, today announced that its Collateral Trading service has gone live globally, following an intensive and highly successful pre-testing phase.
- EquiLend: Five New Counterparties Join NGT Securities Finance Trading PlatformFebruary 13, 2020EquiLend announced the addition of five new counterparties to its NGT securities finance trading platform: DZ Bank AG, E*Trade, Janney Montgomery Scott, Matsui Securities and TD Ameritrade.
- EquiLend Recognized in Built in NYC ‘Best Places to Work’ ListsJanuary 13, 2020Built in NYC, the national hub for technology trend coverage, today recognized EquiLend on its lists of Best Places to Work and Best Midsize Companies to Work For.
- DataLend: $8.66 Billion in Revenue Generated for Securities Lenders in 2019January 2, 2020The global securities finance industry generated $8.66 billion in revenue for lenders in 2019, according to market data provider DataLend.
- EquiLend Automates Total Return Swaps Trading With Swaptimization LaunchDecember 10, 2019EquiLend, the global technology company for the securities finance, collateral and swaps industries, today launched the Swaptimization platform to automate the total return swaps (TRS) market.
- Improving the Plumbing: Tackling Post-Trade InefficienciesDecember 5, 2019Although the post-trade ecosystem is seen as the “plumbing” of financial services, mainly hidden but crucial, its role in ensuring the industry’s health made it key to global post-crisis regulatory reforms...
- Ready, Steady, Go: How EquiLend Is Delivering on SFTRSeptember 4, 2019As we close in on Phase 1 Go Live for SFTR, it is time to take stock of industry preparations for perhaps the most significant change the securities financing industry has ever seen.
- EquiLend Brexit FAQAugust 21, 2019In preparation for Brexit, EquiLend’s Dublin-based MTF goes live on September 9 for European-based clients and their global counterparties. Click here for more details and to ensure continuity of access to NGT’s liquidity.
- SFTR UAT Live on EquiLend and TraxAugust 13, 2019User acceptance testing (UAT) on the EquiLend & Trax SFTR Solution is now available in a live environment.
- National Bank of Canada Joins EquiLend Ownership GroupJune 18, 2019National Bank of Canada (NBC) has completed its acquisition of a 10% stake in EquiLend from J.P. Morgan following clearance from EquiLend’s regulators in the United Kingdom, Canada and Ireland.
- EquiLend Opens Tokyo OfficeMay 13, 2019EquiLend announces the opening of its office in Tokyo to service its expanding client base in Japan.
- Securities Finance Award at Global Custodian AwardsMarch 29, 2019EquiLend took home the award for Innovation in Securities Finance at the Global Custodian Leaders in Custody Awards in London, March 28.
- Women’s History MonthMarch 29, 2019This Women's History Month, we celebrate the incredible contributions women have made throughout history.
- Central Bank of Ireland Approves EquiLend MTFMarch 22, 2019The Central Bank of Ireland has approved EquiLend Limited, the Dublin-based business of global securities finance technology provider EquiLend, to operate a multilateral trading facility (MTF) in Ireland.
- Breaking Up Is Hard to Do – A Brexit UpdateFebruary 28, 2019It is almost three years since Britain voted to leave the EU, and approaching two years since the U.K. and EU began negotiations around the “divorce” terms. However, despite this, the world appears none the wiser as to what will happen come March 29, 2019, and beyond.
- EquiLend Partners With Stonewain to Offer Fully Integrated Securities Finance PlatformFebruary 4, 2019EquiLend has partnered with Stonewain to offer securities finance market participants around the globe the ability to manage their book of business on a single, comprehensive and integrated platform.
- Latin America Securities Finance User Guide 2019January 29, 2019EquiLend and RMA have joined forced with domestic and international market participants active in Latin America to produce the first-annual Latin America Securities Finance User Guide.
- Financial News: Navigating the SFTR Landscape RoundtableJanuary 16, 2019Iain MacKay, Global Product Owner for Post-Trade Services at EquiLend, recently participated in the SFTR roundtable hosted by Financial News in conjunction with The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC).
- Global Investor/ISF Awards 2018September 21, 2018We are pleased to announce that we have been recognized as having the Best Trading Platform Globally (NGT), Best Post-Trade Client Service Globally (PTS) and Best Market Data Provider Globally (DataLend) in the ISF Securities Finance Awards 2018!
- EquiLend Opens Dublin OfficeSeptember 18, 2018EquiLend has opened an office in Dublin to serve European clients following Brexit.
- REGIS-TR to Collaborate With EquiLend and Trax on SFTR Reporting SolutionsAugust 2, 2018REGIS-TR has confirmed that it will collaborate with EquiLend and Trax for SFTR.
- Paul Lynch Joins EquiLendAugust 2, 2018EquiLend has appointed Paul Lynch as a strategic adviser. He is based in EquiLend’s New York headquarters and starts immediately.
- First Buy-Side Client Goes Live With Eurex Lending CCPJune 18, 2018PGGM and Morgan Stanley are in the final stages of admission and testing with a view to start transactions using Eurex Clearing’s Securities Lending CCP.
- DTCC Collaborates with EquiLend & Trax to Advance Securities Financing Transaction Reporting ProcessesJune 5, 2018Collaboration with leading industry providers to enable end-to-end connectivity to DTCC’s Global Trade Repository (GTR) to simplify client adoption of SFTR reporting requirements.
- Rory Zirpolo Joins EquiLendMay 29, 2018Securities finance industry veteran Rory Zirpolo has joined EquiLend’s business development team focusing on post-trade services in the Americas.
- Securities Lending Times – EquiLend & Trax on SFTRMay 15, 2018EquiLend and Trax spoke with Securities Lending Times about the pressing issues facing those impacted by SFTR.
- NGT Surpasses 45,000 Daily TradesFebruary 8, 2018A record 45,000+ securities finance trades were conducted on NGT on February 7 following widespread industry adoption as well as increased lending activity.
- SLT: EquiLend Entices Lenders With Free SFTR UTI ServiceJanuary 30, 2018Early adopters of EquiLend’s securities financing product suite can receive a free unique trade identifier (UTI) generation service for the first year of trading for all loans under the SFTR.
- The Purple — Issue 3 ReleasedSeptember 26, 2017DataLend has released the third issue of The Purple, a data-driven research publication for the securities finance market.
- Global Investor/ISF Awards 2017September 22, 2017EquiLend & BondLend took home the award for Best Trading Platform, and DataLend won for Best Market Data Provider.
- EquiLend and Trax to Launch Interoperable Front-to-Back SFTR OfferingSeptember 20, 2017EquiLend and Trax are collaborating on a full front-to-back Securities Financing Transactions Regulation (SFTR) solution to support mutual clients in their SFTR reporting requirements.
- OCC and EquiLend Clearing Services Partner on CCP Securities LendingMay 5, 2017OCC and EquiLend Clearing Services (ECS) have joined forces to bring greater access to central counterparty clearing in the securities finance marketplace.
- EquiLend Appoints Ken DeGiglio as CIOSeptember 15, 2016EquiLend has appointed Ken DeGiglio to the newly created role of chief information officer, effective immediately. He is based in New York and joins EquiLend’s executive team.
- EquiLend Acquires AQS to Facilitate OCC CCP Connectivity for Securities Finance MarketAugust 1, 2016EquiLend has acquired Automated Equity Finance Markets, Inc., commonly known as AQS, along with its securities lending technology systems from PDQ Enterprises, operator of PDQ ATS.