EquiLend's Business Continuity and Contingency Planning Disclosure Statement
Securities industry regulations require that brokerage firms inform their clients of their plans to address the possibility of a business disruption that potentially results from a power outage, natural disaster, or other event. EquiLend Holdings LLC and its subsidiaries, EquiLend LLC, EquiLend Europe Limited, EquiLend Canada, and EquiLend Hong Kong (collectively, "EquiLend") have a comprehensive business continuity program in place, which we review and update on a regular basis. The plan provides for continuation of operations, including client service, in the event of various types of interruption of facilities and services, although obviously we cannot predict all contingencies.
Examples of potential scenarios that might cause some changes to our regular business operations:
- In the event a significant business disruption ("SBD") of any type which affects our primary office location in New York, depending on the type of disruption, we will transfer our client service and business operations to our back-up location in London, to one or more remote sites in the United States. Where necessary we may also transfer certain customer service functions to our managed service provider in Dallas, Texas.
- In the event an SBD of any type affects our London office location, we will transfer our client support and business operations to our New York City location, to one or more remote sites in the United Kingdom, or to a combination of the above.
- In the event of an SBD that affects our primary production data center facility in Carteret, New Jersey, operation of the EquiLend securities lending platform (the "Platform") will be transferred to our disaster recovery data center facility in Houston, Texas.
- We do not anticipate power outages at the primary production data center facility will require us to transfer operation of the Platform to the disaster recovery data center facility because our primary production data center facility has a supplemental power supply (UPS), and the facility has alternative power generation capabilities (i.e., battery and diesel generation) which can be maintained for a significant period of time.
- Our production data is maintained at our primary data center production facility in Carteret, New Jersey. We also maintain copies of our production data in our disaster recovery data center facility in Houston, Texas.
- In the event of an SBD that disrupts our primary production data center facility, the EquiLend office in New York City, will continue to operate.
No contingency plan can eliminate all risk of service interruption or temporarily impaired access to the Platform. We will evaluate and revise our Business Continuity Plan to address risks to the extent possible. In developing our Business Continuity Plan, we have made certain assumptions regarding accessibility and availability of alternative facilities, the ability of a sufficient number of our personnel to man our systems, and external organizations including securities markets and government agencies being operational or accessible. If these assumptions are not valid under particular circumstances, we will evaluate possibilities for minimizing the disruption to services as feasible at that time. We will update the Business Continuity Plan as needed in the event of changes to our business processes, technology and staff. We will continue to post updated information on our website. Users may also obtain our current Business Continuity and Contingency Plan summary by submitting a written request to: EquiLend Holdings LLC ATTN: Business Continuity Plan, 225 Liberty Street, 10th Floor, New York, New York 10281, USA.